Saturday, January 3, 2009

Working Out and Waiting for AF

One week ago DH and I joined a local gym. So far this week we have gone to work out five times and we are loving it! I never thought that I would like working out. My dear husband works a ton of hours in the summer doing manual labor and never had a desire to then go to a gym after a long, hard day and work out. Since I have never really enjoyed working out, much less by myself, I have never wanted to work out. Now that it is winter and we have more time, we have made it a priority to get to the gym. We have joined a somewhat family-oriented gym in that there are a lot of people just like us working out, ie., not everyone has huge muscles and are super skinny...you know, the kind that makes you feel self-conscious.

I hope that we stick with it for at least the next several months until I cycle again. In the past 2.5 years I have gained about 15 pounds due to all of the meds and stress of IF/IVF. I was looking at my wedding photos earlier today and I was nice and thin and I really want to be that person again. Not just in how I look on the outside, but how I felt on the inside on my wedding day. I want to feel like every day is the best day of my life. I have had a lot of good days in the last 2.5 years of ttc #2, but I so wish that I didn't have the "infertility scar" that so many of us have after going through this. I will save more thoughts on this for a future post.

AF was supposed to arrive by this morning and now I am officially "late" (and no, I don't have any thoughts that I could be pregnant). I have never been a person who waits patiently. And I have always had a regular 28 day cycle, almost down to the minute. But, of course, when I want AF to arrive, the wicked witch doesn't arrive on time. I am sure that my body is a bit confused after being on medications for the last 18 months. However, I am hoping that I will wake up tomorrow and she will be here so that I can finish planning our trip to CO and AZ. We may have to juggle the dates around a little bit for our AZ trip depending on when AF arrives. I will write more about this later if I have to make some travel itinerary changes.

Now, where did that white pair of pants go...

No comments: