I have been nominated for two blog awards in the past week. What an honor! Two awards in ONE week. Wow!
The Honest Scrap Award was given to me by Niki at My Journey to Myles and Beyond to Surrogacy.
The Kreative Blogger Award was given to me by Allison at Ramblings of a Healing Heart.
Both awards ask that I tell you some things about myself. I did the honest scrap award back in March so I will try to come up with a couple more new things to share about myself.
1. My DH and Logan are the most important people in my life (Duh!). They always have been, but I have realized a new, deeper way how much they impact my life after going through IF.
2. Somehow I always manage to let the weight of the world onto my shoulders. When I hear about tragically sad stories of people I know (Andy, his wife, Bri and their son, Leland) or people I don't know (news stories) I want to reach out and help them somehow, whether it be emotionally, physically, or financially. So far I haven't thought of a good way to do this without being creepy.
3. My sister and I can get into a huge fight about something and then be laughing together 5 minutes later.
4. My dad and I are a lot a like. We think the same way and are usually on the "same page". When we don't agree on something, although rare as it is, we can respectfully disagree with each other. Which I have found that most people say that they can "respectfully disagree", but they don't. They continue to argue their point until it is heard. I even have my dads ugly legs:)
5. I would have loved to have NOT gone through IF, but I did and have learned so much. Not only about myself, but about those around me.
6. DH and I brought Logan on an airplane to Florida for the first time when he was three months old. It was one of the best vacations ever. We met my ex-BFF D, her DH and their son down there. We hung out by the beach for the few days we were there, but we found that it was so easy to travel with an infant still in an infant car seat. It was the most spontaneous big thing we have ever done. We decided to go on a Saturday afternoon and we had to be to the airport at 6:00am the next day.
7. Even though I work from my home office and am self-employed, people assume that I am doing nothing. I think because I don't leave my house for work or that I am self-employed they think that I am just sitting around doing nothing and independently wealthy (yeah, right!).
8. There is an old argument about working moms vs. stay at home moms. I love being mostly a stay at home mom since I work odd hours for our two businesses. But I don't really care if other moms work or they stay at home with their kids just as long as they are good parents when they are with their kids.
9. I would love to figure out how to do a link in my blog from another website without having the whole web address come up. Kayjay gave me instructions awhile back, but somehow I can't figure it out. As soon as someone tells me how to do it, I will nominate others for these awards (so please leave me a comment with step-by-step instructions!).
10. Three of my biological grandparents passed away by the time I turned 16. My remaining grandparent, whom my family was not close to, died 7 months before DH and I were married. Often times when I hear of others talking about their grandparents I feel a sense of loss. I cherish the memories I have of my grandparents and hope that my children will have their grandparents around for many years to come. When I graduated from high school and when I was married I so wished they could have been with me on these two special days in my life. It makes me sad that my DH and my children will never know my grandparents.
As soon as someone tells me how to link properly, I will be nominating others for these AWESOME awards!