On Monday my DH and I went to the FedEx location by our house to have my endometrial biopsy specimen for my E-tegrity Test sent to Boston. We paid $40 to ship it there via Priority Overnight and got the tracking number in return. I followed the instructions to a "T" and had my DH double check everything.
Yesterday we were out running errands together all day and when we returned home at 4:00pm I had a message from Sepal Diagnostics- the company I sent it to. They had received the specimen, but they shouldn't have. The gal I spoke to said that they have received other specimens and wanted to know how I received these instructions. I explained the situation to her and that I had received the instructions from CCRM. She asked if I could fax over the instructions to her so that she could contact CCRM to give them the updated information.
I told her that I was sorry that they now had to pay $$ to send my specimen from Boston to California (where the specimen was supposed to be sent). She explained that was part of the problem. The shipping was supposed to be included in the $475 cost of the test.
Today I called CCRM and talked to my nurse. She looked at the instructions that they had given me and saw that it was not correct. She was going to give it to the administrative people to fix. She apologized for the confusion and expressed concern over the situation. She is also going to check with the business office to see if they can give me a refund for the $40 in shipping that I paid.
My nurse also gave me the go-ahead to schedule a re-group appt with Dr. School.craft in anticipation of getting my E-tegrity results back. DH and I want to discuss all of our test results with him and decide what our next step will be. Our appt is scheduled for March 10.
Also, yesterday while we were out running errands I received a call from my local RE clinic. The nurse gave me my new protocol and asked when we plan on doing our next cycle there. If you remember we have one more cycle that we have already paid for there. I told her that I would need to talk to my DH and let them know. DH and I discussed talking to Dr. School.craft first and then making an appt with our local RE and then decide we will do our last cycle locally or go straight to CCRM.
I have a feeling that the next month or so will be full of intense decisions to make...