Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Thyme for Family

I stopped BCPs on Saturday and am waiting for my "bonus" AF to arrive. I am sure she will be here when I wake up tomorrow morning. I also have my baseline u/s tomorrow morning. Should be fun to have the dildo-cam and AF at the same time. After paying our taxes this week, it sounds like a good way to finish off the week, don't cha think?

I have been thinking a lot lately about how grateful I am to have such good family. And, more importantly, how thankful I am that L has cousins. My sister has two girls (A and A) that we see often. We only live 10 minutes from each other and my parents only live 25 minutes from us so we tend to get together often for family gatherings. My nieces also come camping a couple weekends in the summer with us and we have gone on vacations together- so lots of cousin time:)

Disney World, Dumbo ride- January 2008

My SIL (DHs sis) lives about 30 minutes from us, and although we don't see her as often, I do love that she has a son (G) who is 6 weeks younger than L. The boys always have such fun when they are together and they will be in t-ball together this summer which I am really looking forward to. She also has two step-sons (L and B) in their teens that L looks up to.

Logan's bday at the bowling alley- December 2008


Christmas 2007

My BIL (DHs brother) has a boy and a girl and they live about 45 minutes from us. We don't see them near as much as we should, but when we do have the opportunity to see them L and his cousins (M and Z) have so much fun.

Logan's bday party at the bowling alley- December 2008

My other BIL (DHs brother) got married not so long ago and I so hope that they will have children so that L (and DH and I!) are blessed with more cousins.

You see, even though L is an only child, the absolute next best thing is for him to have cousins. Others who will know and be a part of our own family, who will understand the family dynamics and who will be there to help him along in life. I always wonder what his life will be like when DH and I die (morbid, I know). It is comforting to know that even though he doesn't have siblings that he will have cousins with whom he is close to so that he is not all alone in this world, so that he will still have family after we are gone. I love all of my nieces and nephews not only for the joy they bring to my life, but so much because of what they are to L.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Oh, don't say that! He will have siblings! That is why you are doing the whole crazy BCP/AF/dildocam thing! I mean, the dildocam means something! (kidding). But, you get the idea. Try to stay positive. I do know it is hard, but you have proven that you can carry to term, so all you need to do is get a healthy embryo to implant! it will happen.

Joy said...

OK. Stop the "morbid" thoughts. I have a good feeling about this next round, so I hope he's ready for sibling(s)!!

Mine will be an only child with no first cousins!
Sad, some may say, but I just think she'll end up completely spoiled.

Josée Martens said...

I am wishing you a super cycle. Good luck!!!