Thursday, December 17, 2009

At Home

Today we had an unexpected twist. For two days in a row my liver enzyme levels decreased. Not by a lot, but by enough for my OB to send me home! I was, and still am, completely shocked that I am able to write this post from the comforts of my living room at home:)

Last night I was out for an evening stroll around the maternity unit and I ran into my OB. She was leaving another patients' room. We started walking down the hallway together and she said, "you look really good". I had showered and gotten dressed in my own clothes, as I have done every day. I think she forgot what I normally look like since she does her rounds between 7-8am and I haven't been showered for the day yet.

I think her seeing me last night and seeing a drop in my liver enzyme levels was reassurance for her to let me come home. It hasn't hurt either that I still don't have any other symptoms, my edema in my legs is gone and my blood pressure continues to stay in the 110/60 range. I am still on bedrest at home and have to go to the hospital every day for a biophysical u/s, labs and an NST (monitoring of the babies). Of course, if my levels start to increase again I will be readmitted.

In the meantime I am enjoying being home with my boys and I had a wonderfully uninterrupted two hour nap this afternoon. DH is making steak tonight for dinner to celebrate. The best part of all, Logan was so happy that I was able to come home. He gave me so many hugs that I lost count and he told me,"Mommy, I am so happy you are home with me." Even though he was a trooper and adjusts well to new situations I started to notice yesterday that my stay at the hospital was beginning to take a toll on him.

Every day will still be a day by day situation. But, you never know, I might just make it to my original c-section date of January 12.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kris - Wow, so much is happening for you. So sorry that its been so scary and you've had to spend so much time in the hospital. But what great news you are home now. I really hope you are able to stay home through Christmas. All of your boys are so lucky to have a mommy like you. I'm thinking about you and hoping everything continues to improve.

Shannon

DIANE said...

YOU ROCK GIRL KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK
DIANE

DAVs said...

So glad you are home! What a scary few days. Hang in there--thinking of you.