Friday, May 22, 2009

Beta Results

Gosh, where do I even begin? It has been quite the week. In the past 3 years we have done:

4 IUIs
5 IVF transfers
2 saline sonograms
2 endometrial biopsies
too many dildo-cams to want to remember
countless semen analysis test
flown to Colorado for another opinion
hundreds of sub-q and IM injections
swallowed (or choked) down hundreds of medication pills
been high on Va.lium 5 times (ahhh, transfer day is the best!)
shed enough tears to fill the Nile
learned how to live with joy and gratefulness for the things I do have
realized who the important people in our lives are
spent $50,oo0 on something that kept on failing and was never really tangible
...and the list could go on

After all of the heartache, despair, tears, false hope, and all the other emotions that go along with IF, we are finally, finally, finally PREGNANT!

Here are the results of my betas:

9dp3dt- 159
11dp3dt- 303
P4- 80.3
Due Date: January 29
First u/s: TBD the week of June 8

I went in for my first beta on Wednesday. My clinic does not tell you your results from that beta until after your second beta is drawn two days later. I had talked to a couple nurses right before my ET and told them that this time I wanted to know after my first beta. They told me that they would try to give them to me. When I went in on Wednesday I left a message for the nurse to call me to discuss my results. I didn't know if they would call me or not. Lo and behold, they called around 11:30 that morning. Here is the conversation:

Me: Hi this is Kris.
Nurse: Hi, Kris. How are you?
Me: I'm okay.
Nurse: Well, I have some really good news for you.
Me: You do?
Nurse: Yes, you had a really strong beta today.
Me: What was it?
Nurse: 159.
Me: OMG! Are you kidding?

After this the only thing I remember her telling me was that my RE was very pleased with the number and that my P4 was 80.3. I remember collapsing onto the ground and crying and saying thank you over and over again.

Once I got off the phone with her I called DH. He was standing right next to my dad when I called him. I could tell he was really excited, but couldn't give me a true reaction because he didn't want my dad to know. About an hour later, DH came home to give me a big hug and celebrate. We were eating lunch in silence and I asked him if he was excited. He replied,"Yes! I was driving home and just started giggling because I am so excited." We both agreed that we were in complete shock.

The past two days have been indescribable. I have had so many emotions that it is hard to put into words. We have told just a couple friends and family members (they read our blog and are our most trusted confidantes:)). Of course, if these people did not read our blog or know exactly the date our child was conceived, we never would have told them this soon. So far we have made four people cry and one person pee their pants a little!:) Most touching was seeing my dad get tears in his eyes. Wow! If that doesn't pull at your heart strings, I don't know what does:) I keep reminding DH the couple people we have shared our wonderful news with,"These are the first two hurdles and we have many more to go. We have been through too much and have read so many others stories that I am living the the state of reality and not the ignorant bliss that I had when I was pregnant with L".

I keep looking at my bloated belly and thinking, "There is a baby in there". It hasn't sunk in completely yet. I am trying to live one day at a time (think Jordin Sparks here).

Wow! I am so super excited. WOOHOO!!!

14 comments:

Niki said...

Congrats on two strong betas Kris! You very much deserve this and I couldn't be happier for you! I wish you a H&H 9 months!

Jill M. said...

OMGosh, congratulations!!!! I was saying over and over "please let her be pg" as your blog page was loading. So happy for you hun!

Josée Martens said...

Amazing and beautiful! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! What great news!!!

DAVs said...

Oh my gosh it seems everyone is poppping up with BFPs all over the place!!! That is so great! What strong numbers--I'm thinking multiples for sure :)
ENJOY!!!

kayjay said...

Best news so far today!!! I am so very happy for you!! I can't believe that your clinic doesn't call until after the 2nd beta but glad you got the phone call after the 1st!!! I'm doing the congratulations dance for you!!!!

Tom and Margit said...

I am SO happy for you!! Those are VERY strong betas!!

HUGS
Margit

Tiff said...

CONGRATS! I am SO happy for you! I've been checking your blog 8 million times a day and was so happy to see your BFP!!!!! That's a REALLY strong beta! I am thinking at twins are in your future!
Congrats again and enjoy every minute of this pregnancy!!!!
Lots of love to you!

Bobbi said...

Very, very, very, very happy for you and your DH! You are a very strong woman for going through everything you have and it has finally paid off! You have now made 5 people cry with your great news :)

Just me said...

Congrats!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Great news!

[here from LFCA]

jen said...

AWESOME, simply awesome. Oh, I'm so so so happy for you and your family. Woo hoo. Somehow I had a good feeling for you this time around. Can't wait to follow your 9 month journey. :)
HUGS
Jen

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! So happy for you, and excited to hear more! I will keep praying for you, right up until that little baby is in your arms!!! :)

Kristy

Joy said...

I feel like I am the last one to read this post. But I would like to add a YIPPIE!!!! So excited for you.