Thursday, May 14, 2009

OHSS Watch

When I woke up yesterday morning I was really bloated. Not just kind of bloated, but really bloated. I was feeling light-headed, nauseous, dizzy, tired and weak. I spent most of the day on the couch even though this is the first day that I was technically off of bedrest after my transfer. By mid-afternoon I felt like I was going to pass out and my cheeks kept getting flushed. I called the clinic and they wanted me to come in for an OHSS check. I told them that I didn't feel that it was safe for me to drive and asked to wait until today to come in. Against their request to see me yesterday, I decided to wait until today to go in.

I woke up this morning feeling less nauseous and dizzy. I am still super bloated, as in I look like I am four months pregnant bloated, no joke. When the nurses saw me today they were shocked at how huge I am. After monitoring me and checking my hemoglobin today I found out that I do NOT have OHSS, thankfully! They do want to see me back in on Monday for another check. I am supposed to continue drinking gatorade, increase my protein intake and rest as much as I can. I feel exhausted (most likely from the progesterone) and I feel really foggy, like I can't really focus or concentrate. I still feel light-headed and like I can't function normally. My belly does not hurt, it's just really, really bloated.

The best part of all...I want to feel like shit, for at least the next 12 weeks. Not super shitty, but just enough so that I am constantly reminded that I am pregnant. :)

5 comments:

Jill M. said...

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well, but super glad you don't have OHSS!!! I'm starting to feel the same way, hello bloat!

kayjay said...

Way to look on the bright side of feeling crappy! I'm glad you don't have OHSS although it sounded like it with all of the symptoms you were describing. I hope you feel better soon.

Sue said...

I'm with the others, I'm glad its not OHSS, though it really sounds like it. Any news on the other embies? How are they doing?

Jen said...

I hope the OHSS-like symptoms stay at bay, and that you *do* feel a bit crappy for the next 9 or so months. Praying for you and crossing everything!!!

Tiff said...

I hope you're feeling better today! I'm hoping and praying that what you're experiencing is actually implantation side effects! I had an episode 2 days after my transfer where I literally almost passed out in the shower, was dizzy and weak and felt like my heart was going to pound out of my chest. It was awful. Now I think it might be when my little embabies were implanting. I'm hoping it's the same for you! Hang in there....you have lots of prayers coming your way!