Thursday, May 28, 2009

Totsicles, POAS and P4

I was looking back in my previous posts and I don't think I ever mentioned that I also have three frozen totsicles from this cycle. I received the letter in the mail from my clinic on Wednesday, May 20, which was the same day as my first beta. Looking back I was so upset that I was doing a 3dt and it turned to be nothing short of good news all the way around. All of my totsicles are blasts that were either frozen on day 5 or day 6. We are ecstatic to have some siblings and it is so comforting to know that we have these little embies waiting for us.


Today was the day that I was actually brave enough to POAS. I haven't been able to bring myself to do it until today, fearing that I would see yet another BFN on HPT. To my delight, the "+" showed up right away. Somehow seeing that "+" just makes it more real, which I was in desperate need of.

I also went to the clinic today for a P4 check this morning. I am soooo excited that I don't have to take any more PIO shots! WOOHOO! My P4 was >100, which the nurse said is "really, really good". It means that my body is producing progesterone on its own at this point. No more IM shots for the foreseeable future, WOO-frickin'-HOO! I do have to continue the heparin sub-q shots 2X/day until I am at least 9 weeks, maybe 12 weeks. I will find out more when I go in for my u/s on June 8.

4 comments:

Jill M. said...

That is fabulous news, first a BFP and now future siblings and no more PIO! You must be on cloud 9! Enjoy this time.

Josée Martens said...

Things are all falling into place for you! How wonderful! That is so awesome. Makes me scared since all my embies that i didn't transfer died.

Caroline said...

Fantastic news - I'm so glad that things are working out. Thanksa also for your support.

DAVs said...

Glad you wound up with some frozens. How many kiddos do you ultimately want? :)
Enjoy the no PIO!