Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Laying Low

A couple of you have asked when my betas are. Without being too specific, since I have family and friends who read my blog and I really don't want everyone calling me asking about my results, I will say that my betas are coming up. For right now I am trying to just lay low and concentrate on happy, pleasant, positive things.

When I was a little girl I remember having nightmares every once in a while. I would wake up in the middle of the night and run to my parents room in tears. After letting me lay down in their bed with them until I was calmed down my mom would always bring me back to my own bed to fall back asleep. As I tried to fall back to sleep she would rub my back to soothe me and talk about happy things. I remember her saying to me, "think about eating an ice cream cone on a hot summer day". When I was 7-8 years old, that was the best thing to think of, really. I remember smiling as I drifted back to sleep thinking about ice cream cones. Maybe this is why I like ice cream so much as an adult? Anyway, I digress. Whenever I need to think good thoughts I always think about an ice cream cone on a hot summer day.

Today I am thinking of eating an ice cream cone on a hot summer day. Only pleasant, happy thoughts for me.

And if you don't hear from me for a few days, I am just laying low. DH and I will need some time to absorb the news of our beta, regardless of the outcome.

4 comments:

Jill M. said...

Totally understandable. This is big news and your news. Whenever you are ready, we are ready. I really hope I get to jump up and down with excitement!

Thanks for being so excited about my journey, I've enjoyed your comments. =)

Joy said...

Here for you when you are ready.

I am an icecreamaholic, so I can totally relate to the imagery.

Take care!

DAVs said...

Good luck with the news. I hope it's the GOOD KIND (duh!) and that you have much to celebrate! Continue thinking those happy thoughts.

Josée Martens said...

Happy thoughts to you! I hope you have some exciting news soon. :D