Sunday, May 10, 2009

In Limbo- Part 2

So, DH broke down and called the on-call service. The nurse called back and after explaining the situation, she decided to call the embryologist. The embryologist confirmed that we are doing a day 3 transfer tomorrow. I immediately started crying and likely won't stop for the rest of the day. The nurse tried to cheer me up, but I am not cheered. Out of 25 eggs retrieved apparently none of them are good enought to hold out for a day 5 transfer.

Happy fucking Mother's Day to me.

5 comments:

Jill M. said...

OMG, you have got to be kidding me! You still don't even know your mature/fert report??? That is ridiculous!!!! I know if I were in your shoes I'd be so upset I'd probably throw up.

I'm sorry hun, hang in there, hoping for the best for you! Big hug!

kayjay said...

I'm sorry you didn't get better news. It's always a numbers game and I can't understand how you can drop from such a large number. It will be interesting to hear directly from the embryologist when you finally get your hands on him/her. Hugs.

Sue said...

I have a little bit of hope for you...maybe they can just tell immediately which are the good strong ones and which aren't? In the fall at CCRM, I had 19 mature eggs and on day 3 got a phone call to come in immediately for transfer..I cried my eyes out!!!...went for transfer and found out my other embies were just fine - but 3 of them were perfect and the others were lagging a little, so we put in 4 and let the others grow and still had 2 to freeze. So, I'm praying you are in a similar position. Please don't lose hope - my crazy RE here says that even the ugly ones make beautiful babies! I hope you have a smooth transfer today.

Joy said...

Kris, sweetie. I just don't know what to say, but hang in there. Maybe it isn't as bad as you think. ((((hugs))))

Jen said...

I'm so sorry. Hang in there though. It may be better than you think. I am praying so.